Anne is available for
speaking engagements through this site:
Anne Jaeger loves to garden. Sharing it comes naturally, whether on television, radio, in the newspaper or over the web. At one time Anne had two weekly prime time television shows running simultaneously: KGW-TV Channel 8, and OPB Channel 10 Nationwide). Her “On-line Garden School” videos now appear on the website of the Oregonian Newspaper Homes and Gardens of the Northwest. Find Anne’s videos at
find them promoted in the weekly
A graduate of University of Oregon, Anne completed Master Gardening training through the OSU Extension Service in 1998 and is a member of the Hardy Plant Society and Garden Writers of America. Anne is a cancer survivor and firmly believes gardening aided her full recovery. Anne also was the only Oregon gardener who had an entire line of designer Geraniums named after her. Until recently, "Anne's Choice" geraniums came in more than a dozen colors and were grown by Harts Nursery.
Anne tends an acre garden which was often the backdrop for her television show "Your Northwest Garden with Anne Jaeger" which aired every Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. on KGW-TV channel 8. That show became "Around the House" in 2005 and aired until February 2006.
"Your NW Garden with Anne Jaeger" won an Emmy for "Best New Program" and an International Tele Award for
Anne Jaeger was an award-winning crime reporter and anchor before digging her heels into gardening full time. Anne’s documentary on Elizabeth Diane Downs (A young Springfield mother who killed one of her children and injured the other two) is included in True Crime author Ann Rule’s book Small Sacrifices. Anne also played herself in the movie by the same title, which continues to play on cable television to this day. Today, Anne teaches gardening weekly on-line for the Oregonian Newspaper Homes and Gardens of the Northwest. New "How To" videos appear every Thursday and are featured in the Oregonian magazine.
- 2007-Present/Garden Multimedia Specialist, On-line Gardening School, Oregonian Newspaper: www.oregonlive.com/hg
- 2005-2006/Garden Specialist/Host "Around the House" KGW (8)
- 2006-2007 Garden Columnist Portland Monthly Magazine
- 2004-Present/Correspondent National Public Television "Smart Gardening" OPB (10)
- 2003 Emmy and International Tele Awards "Best New Program" and "Best Production" for "Your NW Garden With Anne Jaeger."
- 2002-2004 Host/Garden Specialist "Your NW Garden with Anne Jaeger" KGW (8)
- 2000-2002 Radio Host/Show creator “Gardening with Anne Jaeger” KPAM 860
- 2000-2005 Garden Columnist Portland Tribune Newspaper
- 1999-2000 Garden Writer Garden Showcase magazine
- 1997-2001 Writer, producer, reporter "Dig It" news garden stories KOIN-TV
- 1996-2002 Anchor/Reporter KOIN-TV
- 1988-1995 Anchor/Reporter KGW-TV
- 1979-1988 Anchor/Reporter, writer, producer KEZI-TV Eugene. Recipient of Society of Professional Journalists award.